You are here
Goals are the long-term targets, including the primary goal for our campus to become a global model of sustainability by creating effective, positive change. As the flagship public university in the state of Illinois, the campus has a moral and ethical responsibility to lead, to set aggressive goals, to work to meet them, and to serve as a model for the community, state, and nation. The iCAP represents a roadmap to a new, prosperous, and sustainable future for the University.
The 2015 iCAP sets the following goals for FY20 (ending on June 30, 2020):
- Energy Utilization: 30% improvement from FY08 baseline
- Energy Emissions: 30% reduction from FY08 baseline
- Transportation Emissions: return to FY08 baseline level
- Water Conservation: 30% reduction from FY08 baseline
- Stormwater Reuse: 25% of stormwater to be reused on campus
- Total Waste Diversion: 90% of solid waste diverted from landfills
- Agricultural Emissions: 30% reduction from FY15 baseline
- Education & Outreach: provide immersive sustainability learning opportunities
Download a PDF of the approved 2015 Illinois Climate Action Plan.