You are here
- F&S receives Wind PPA recommendation
F&S receives Wind PPA recommendation
Posted by Morgan White on May 30, 2014
We contacted UA. They're supposed to give us a RFP schedule next week. That should give us a better idea of the timeline.
From: Evan DeLucia [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 5:39 PM
To: McCall, Benjamin
Cc: Stratman, Allan
Subject: SWAT report on energy generation
In the absence of a fully formulated SWAT process - iWG and the Sustainability Council have yet to be formed - I forwarded the May 2014 position paper from the 'energy generation' team directly to Al Stratman for consideration.
Under the SWAT process, the teams should be... "developing and recommending specific actions or initiatives the campus should under take to meet iCAP targets..." The energy generation SWAT did a nice job of recommending a specific action that would help meet our targets.
To paraphrase, Al responded...
- the concept of a PPA is meritorious and has potential
- F&S is evaluating this plan
- some of the issues that need to be considered include pricing options, length of agreement constraints, REC pricing alternatives
- F&S is working to obtain hard data on pricing and other details before moving forward
I've taken the liberty of copying Al to be sure I didn't misrepresent his response to me.
Al, do you have any idea of what might be a reasonable time frame would be for completing an analysis of the feasibility, costs, and benefits of purchasing wind power for campus?