This proposal looks to implement a two-year enhanced Integrated Pest Management (IPM) plan to assist University Housing with pest management needs, while reducing pest management costs, reducing students’ exposure to pests and pesticides, and promoting environmental stewardship. The project goals include: (1) Collaboration on a pilot IPM plan between University Dining Services and Terminix to evaluate IPM practices and identify possible ways to reduce pesticide applications in the dormitories food service areas; (2) Developing educational materials for students, parents and others regarding pest management and notifications of any pest related issues (some materials will be used for University-owned apartment residents and others for dormitories) in collaboration with University Housing; The project lead currently has a $30,000 grant from USDA National Institute for Food and Agriculture to promote school integrated pest management in Illinois. The Student Sustainability Committee is in favor of supporting a matching funds grant in the amount of $30,000 to be used only for activities at University-owned facilities at the Urbana campus.
- Sustainability committee award letter - Integrated Pest Management.pdf
- Sustainability committee award letter - Integrated Pest Management.docx
- SSC Final Allocation Approval - Integrated Pest Management.docx
- LOI - Integrated Pest Management.pdf
- Proposal - Integrated Pest Management.pdf
- Response - Integrated Pest Management.docx
- Revised proposal - Integrated Pest Management.pdf