The application for the Bike Friendly University is completed & was submitted for review this morning.
You are here
Bicycle Friendly University Status (Ongoing)
Apply for Recognition
- EPA Green Power Partner
- EPA RainWorks Challenge
- Illinois Governor's Sustainability Award
- Illinois Green Office Challenge Leaderboard
- Second Nature Climate Leadership Award
- Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS)
- The Princeton Review Green Honor Roll
- Bicycle Friendly University Status
In 2011, the University applied for and was granted Bronze-level certification as a Bicycle Friendly University from the League of American Bicyclists. In 2015, the University re-applied for and was granted Bronze-level certification as a Bicycle Friendly University.
The Bicycle Friendly University (BFU) program recognizes institutions of higher education for promoting and providing a more bicycle-friendly campus for students, staff and visitors. The BFU program provides the roadmap and technical assistance to create great campuses for cycling.