In February 2011, the Mayor of Urbana wrote a letter to Morgan Johnston regarding wind turbine project on South Farms location. She asked the university to conduct research on the issues mentioned in the letter before the start of the wind turbine project.
You are here
Projects Updates for Topic: wind project
- Associated Project(s):Attached Files:
On November 30, 2010, the university received the project proposal from Arends Brothers LLC, an Illinois based company, for the installation of wind turbine at the South Farms location.
Responding to the ordinance presented by the City of Urbana in September 2010, the university said in an official statement, "The University of Illinois is not subject to city codes and ordinances" and "The real property the University owns, it holds as trustee for the State of Illinois, the beneficial owner, and is not subject to the jurisdiction of the city. As such, the University would not be subject to the proposed new wind turbine zoning ordinance and would resist any attempt to apply the ordinance to the University.”
In November 2010, the Daily Illini published an article describing the revival of wind turbine project at the University of Illinois. -- "Campus revives wind turbine project" -- https://web.archive.org/web/20101206070651/http://www.dailyillini.com/no...Attached Files:
- Associated Project(s):
On October 31, 2010, the Daily Illini published an article about the prospect of wind project going forward. SECS shared that this week the University has taken the first big step towards getting a wind turbine. -- "After years of waiting, wind changing for turbine".Attached Files:
ABC News Channel 15 streamed a video on October 29, 2010, about the wind turbine project (included in the Top 15 stories) on the campus of the university -- https://web.archive.org/web/20101201233936/http://wicd15.com/newsroom/to...
Request for Proposal
- Proposal issued: 10/27/2010
- Pre-proposal/site visit: 11/12/2010
- Proposal due date: 11/23/2010
- Completion date for committee evaluation: 11/30/2010
- Approval by the University Board of Trustees: 12/17/2010
- Estimates project schedule: 1/1/2011 - 5/1/2011
- Associated Project(s):
In October 2010, the Student Sustainability Committee (SSC) wrote a letter to the Office of Sustainability at the U of I recommending that the wind turbine project receive $500,000 in funding with following conditions:
1) That all funds provided by the SSC be returned in full if the project is postponed, cancelled or placed on hold.
2) That all funds provided by the SSC for be expended by December 31 st, 2011 and that a final report of all work completed and accounting of funds spent be provided to us by that date as well.Attached Files: