Composting Feasibility Study
This proposal seeks to complete a feasibility study re: composting of campus food waste. The scope of work for this study includes evaluation of proposed composting sites and identification of the optimal location, specification of necessary site improvements, verification of analysis regarding program size and logistics and development of a program plan with capital equipment needs. This study will enable establishment of a food-waste program that will divert ~600 tons of foodwaste from the landfill annually (and accompanying methane and CO2 emissions), in support of the Illinois Climate Action Plan, and campus waste reduction goals. This project is also being supported by $7,400 funding from the Office of Sustainability. The Student Sustainability Committee is in favor of funding a grant in the amount of $15,000.
- Sustainability committee award letter - Composting Feasibility Study.pdf
- Sustainability committee award letter - Composting Feasibility Study.docx
- SSC Final Allocation Approval - Composting Feasibility Study.pdf
- SSC Final Allocation Approval - Composting Feasibility Study.docx
- Composting Feasibility Study by Foth.docx