You are here
Center for Advanced Bioenergy Research (CABER) (In Progress)
No project updates found
Research Institutions on Campus
- Illinois Center for Transportation (ICT) Sustainability Research Program with IDOT
- Center for Advanced Bioenergy Research (CABER)
- Center of Advanced Materials for the Purification of Water with Systems (WaterCAMPWS)
- Energy Biosciences Institute
- Graduate Research Assistants
- Illinois Sustainable Technology Center (ISTC) research
- Institute for the Sustainability of Intensively Managed Landscapes (ISIML)
- Joint Center for Sustainable Development with Mumbai University
- The Illinois Children’s Environmental Health Research Center
- US Army Center for the Advancement of Sustainability Initiatives
The Center for Advanced BioEnergy Research (CABER) works to provide a campus outreach, teaching and research on bioenergy systems, which are essentially renewable energy systems created from biological sources. CABER works with all nine colleges in the University and facilitates multidisciplinary research. The focus of CABER is on sustainable bioenergy systems, including plant, microbial, downstream processing and policy issues relating to bio-based projects.
CABER was first officially recognized by the University in December 2006 and is led by Professor Hans Blaschek.