You are here
Sate Farm Center: LEED Gold (Completed)
No project updates found
- Business Instructional Facility: LEED Platinum
- Illinois Fire Service Institute: LEED Silver
- Yeh Student Center: LEED Silver
- Lincoln Hall Renovation: LEED Platinum
- Bousfield Hall: LEED Platinum
- Chem Annex Renovation and Addition: LEED Gold
- Huff Hall, Khan Annex: LEED Silver
- Ikenberry Dining Hall: LEED Silver
- Illinois Natural History Survey: LEED Silver
- Integrated Bioprocessing Research Laboratory (IBRL): LEED Silver
- NCSA Petascale: LEED Gold
- Natural History Building: LEED Gold
- Nugent Hall: LEED Silver
- Sate Farm Center: LEED Gold
- Surveying Building: LEED Gold
- Wassaja Hall: LEED Gold
- Wounded Veterans in Higher Education: LEED Gold
The State Farm Center was awarded the LEED Gold Certification on July 16, 2018, having achieved 70 of the 110 possible points on the LEED Scorecard. Quercus, as the sub-contractor to AECOM, worked closely with Turner/Clayco was the LEED AP on the project.
State Farm Center underwent a major renovation, which began following the conclusion of the 2013-14 basketball season, dubbed the Illinois Renaissance. The $169.5-million project included a renovated seating bowl; the addition of four levels of premium seating; improved restrooms and concessions; remodeled locker rooms, video room and team lounge; Hall of Fame space; air conditioning and many other amenities. The project has a gross floor area of 385,578 SQFT.
Maximum possible (19 out of 19) pints were achieved in the Energy Performance Optimization, which contributed towards Energy and Atmosphere category. 16 out of a possible 26 LEED points were achieved by focusing on the connectivity of the site with the community and providing alternative transportation options. Water Efficiency was given particular importance as well; and contributed towards 7 out of 10 possible points. Material reuse and waste management contributed a total of 9 points for the LEED.