We are looking for a UIUC student who is passionate, excited, and driven to work towards solutions to environmental issues here on campus and in the greater CU community to serve as the Vice President of SSLC for 2018-2019!
You are here
Student Sustainability Leadership Council (SSLC) (In Progress)
The Student Sustainability Leadership Council (SSLC) is iSEE’s finger on the pulse of student-led initiatives in sustainability. SSLC — made up of the leaders from numerous campus student organizations focused on sustainability and environment — is a place for student leaders to interact and collaborate. It is also the bridge between iSEE and the student body, serving as a two-way conduit of information and concerns about campus sustainability issues.
Our students want a voice in the decisions being made about how their campus reduces its environmental footprint. In the long run, the SSLC will foster deep collaboration between campus leadership and the student body in this arena.
1) To facilitate communication and collaboration between student groups and iSEE.
2) To facilitate collaboration and coordination among student groups.
3) To provide a forum for student leaders to provide their opinions on sustainability issues to iSEE, and thereby to the campus administration.
4) To help identify students who can serve on SWATeams or sustainability advisory groups.
5) To help identify students to serve as Campus Sustainability Interns at iSEE, working on either feasibility studies and/or sustainability-enhancing projects.
6) To encourage more awareness about sustainability among the student body, and develop mechanisms to engage students in enhancing the sustainability of our campus.