Hello Eco-Olympic followers!
You are here
Eco-Olympics (In Progress)
On the agenda at the ECBS SWATeam meeting:
1) Discussion of recommendation process as developed and described in the iCAP;
2) Illini Lights Out final planning for 10th of February;
3) Update on fume hood work;
ECO-OLYMPICS is an energy competition between residence halls on campus. Our goal is to engage, educate, and motivate students/employees/professors to change their behavior, and have a good time while doing it. Sign-up for this year's competition HERE!
Eco-Olympics has participated in the former Campus Conservation Nationals 2014 and 2015, as well as the Big10 Unplugged competitions. Participating Big Ten schools included Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan State, Ohio, Penn State..
Trophies and prizes/banquet will be given to the successful halls.
2016 Participating Residence Halls
- Allen Hall
- Barton Hall
- Lincoln Avenue Residence Hall
- Lundgren Hall
- Bousfield Hall
- Olgesby Hall
- Van Doren
Contact us with questions or concerns at EcoOlympics@gmail.com
CCN was the largest electricity and water reduction competition program for colleges and universities in the world. In its fifth year, CCN gave a common voice and motivation to hundreds of thousands of students across North America, all working together to reduce consumption and mitigate the impacts of climate change. CCN was an opportunity to organize students and staff, host educational events, and challenge students and staff to participate in fun events that can have an immediate and lasting impact on your school’s carbon emissions and campus culture. CCN was jointly organized by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Lucid, National Wildlife Federation, and Alliance to Save Energy.
The 2015 EcoOlympics Overall Benefits
The EcoOlympic teams and residence hall participants created the following impact during the 3 week competition:
- 53,734.4 kwh’s energy saved by all participants
- 7.9% overall competition energy reduction
- 62,063 lb's of CO2 averted
- Approx. $4300 saved @ campus utility rate of $.08
- Saved enough energy to power 5 avg family homes for a full year
The 2015 Big10 Unplugged competition 1st place champion is The University of Illinois Urbana Chammpaign
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - 7.9% overall reduction (53,734.4 kWh saved)
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln - 5.9% overall reduction (127,377.1 kWh saved)
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities - 4.2% overall reduction (38,592.7 kWh saved)
- Penn State - 3.8% overall reduction (13,370.6 kWh saved)
- Ohio State University - 2.2% overall reduction (12,728.1 kWh saved)
- Michigan State University - -3.4% overall reduction (-1,965.1 kWh saved)
Together the Big10 universities saved 243,838 kWh and reduced consumption by an overall 5.1%.
Special Thanks to : Housing, ISEE, F&S, faculty, All the RSO's, Building Team Captains and participants!
To contact the organization team go to: email@example.com
To participate or find out more information: go.illinois.edu/CCN
Join us on FaceBook at: Campus Conservation Nationals UIUC
Primary Contact:Paul Foote
Project Leader:Jessica Mondello
- Kevin Yu
Proposed August 1, 2013Proposed by Paul FooteApproved October 23, 2013Approved by Evan DeLuciaStarted March 30, 2014Started by Paul Foote