You are here
- Covid-19 shut down of recycling sort line on campus
Covid-19 shut down of recycling sort line on campus
Posted by Morgan White on March 18, 2020
Staying consistent with the guidelines issued by the CDC and University of Illinois effective Friday, March 20, 2020 at 3PM the sort line will be closed at the University of Illinois Waste Transfer Station until further notice Enumerated below are the changes effective 3/20/2020:
- DSC staff has been notified and will not be sending their staff to the waste transfer station starting Monday, March 23, 2020.
- No waste will be sent to the sort line. All collected mixed waste will be sent directly to the landfill.
- Pre-sorted materials such as a paper and cardboard will be continued to be collected and processed on the floor as normal.
- Pre-sorted materials such as bottles and cans will be stored in a roll-off container to be processed at a later time.
- All staff that will continue to work during this time at the WTS must adhere to the guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Please note that there will be no change in waste and recycling collection schedules. Facilities and Services will continue to collect source separated trash and recycling from campus dumpster there will be no change in collection service. As there will be no material going to the sort line we do not anticipate an increase in material as most of campus is currently working remotely. Facilities and Services will be working with Area to monitor generation and evaluate if additional hauling service would be needed.
We thank you for your support and understanding during these unprecedented times. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach me or my team directly.