You are here
- CR2ZW 2022 Week 2 Reporting, Week 3 Begins, Student Fellowships, Plastics Reduction Certification & More!
CR2ZW 2022 Week 2 Reporting, Week 3 Begins, Student Fellowships, Plastics Reduction Certification & More!
Posted by Avery Maris Maloto on February 11, 2022
The following message was sent on behalf of Kristy Jones, the Director of Higher Education Programs and RecycleMania Manager of the National Wildlife Federation:
Hello Campus Race to Zero Waste 2022 Participants,
Thank you for participating in the 2022 Campus Race to Zero Waste competition!
The CR2ZW team is excited that so many campuses are joining us for this year’s competition. This year’s competition will be flexible; we are encouraging campuses to track your waste and report as much as you can. If you are unable to track waste on campus, please consider hosting an online education and engagement campaign during the competition timeframe. Please reach out to me anytime with questions. (respond to this email, or call 703-438-6262). Please see attached for the CR2ZW 2022 participant badge (two file formats). Please post this on your websites, and share via social media to highlight and celebrate your participation in the 2022 Campus Race to Zero Waste!
FEATURED INFO IN THIS EMAIL: (more details bellow)
- Week 2 ends tomorrow, Saturday, February 12, 2022
- Week 3 begins Sunday, February 13, 2022M
- March 1 Webinar: Learn about the 2022 Case Study Opportunity
- New Plastics Reduction Partner Certification Program
- Graduate Student Fellowship Opportunities
- EcoCareers 2022 – 30% Discount on Campus Sponsorships for CR2ZW Partners
UPCOMING DEADLINES, AND OTHER KEY INFORMATION AND RESOURCES:
- Week 2 reporting is due Wednesday, February 16. Check out the 2021-2022 calendar for upcoming deadlines. To report for Week 2, go to ReTRAC log-in at https://connect.re-trac.com/login and click on Week 2 report. Be sure to click Complete and Save at the bottom of the report.
- Week 3 begins Sunday, February 13 through Saturday, February 19. Reporting for Week 3 is due, Wednesday, February 23, 2022.
- March 1 Webinar: CR2ZW 2022 Case Study Opportunity. Join us on Tuesday, March 1 at 1:00pm Eastern to learn about case study categories, best practices in writing a case study, visuals to boost your case study, and recognition opportunities. Register for Webinar.
- New Plastics Reduction Partner Certification Program – The National Wildlife Federation and the Campus Race to Zero Waste are excited to announce the launch of a new certification program for colleges and universities taking action to reduce the purchase and use of plastics on campus. There are three levels of certification available: Bronze, Silver and Green. Campuses will be asked to report on actions in the following categories: Building Awareness, Support Behavior Change, Assess and Implement Operational Change and Demonstrate Institutional Leadership. This is a FREE program to participate in. Participation in this program is eligible for AASHE STARS innovation credit. Learn more at Plastics Reduction Partner. National Wildlife Federation is a proud member of the #BreakFreeFromPlastic Movement
- National Wildlife Federation is excited to offer Campus Race to Zero Waste 2021 and 2022 competition participants a discounted opportunity to become an EcoCareers Campus Sponsor for the upcoming 2022 EcoCareers Conference (April 6-7). Use the promo code “32100” to access 30% off campus sponsorship membership! NWF is currently planning the agenda for the 2022 EcoCareers Conference which will feature keynotes and panels about academic pathways and careers in health and wellness, environmental justice, urban planning, environmental education, and more. On top of that, we will have interactive project and career planning workshops for students of all levels on both days of the conference. Learn more. Please reach out to me if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Graduate Student Fellowship Opportunities: National Wildlife Federation Graduate Student Fellows help to inform and strengthen NWF Education and Engagement programs through dedicated research projects. Monetary fellowship grants are awarded to graduate students working with NWF staff on research that helps to expand the content and development of a variety of efforts across NWF's Education and Engagement programs. Fellows join a national network of current and alumni fellows, many of whom have gone on to lead new businesses, agencies, and programs for sustainability all across the U.S. NWF is currently accepting applications for the six graduate student Fellowship Positions. Learn more and share this opportunity with your network.
More 2022 CR2ZW Competition Resources:
- Check out CR2ZW Guide: Ideas and resources for hosting an online education and engagement campaign. If you are participating in the competition online only, please choose “special category > case study competition” during registration; if you need to make changes to your registration, please reach out to me.
- Student/Staff FTE: During registration, campuses are asked to enter in their student and staff numbers. We provide a link to a data sheet with this info; however, this information is from late 2020/early 2021, so if you have more current numbers please enter those numbers in. We can update these numbers anytime during registration. We understand that campuses may not be at full capacity.
- Quick Links – Check out key resources and information for Campus Race to Zero Waste 2022 campus participants including the 2022 Scoreboard, downloadable templates, info on volume to weight estimates, and more. The 2022 Scoreboard will be updated with real-time report links in time for the beginning of the competition.
- Competition Tracking and Reporting Webinar Recording – You can watch all webinar recordings from the fall at this link. If you have any questions about tracking and reporting, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Please contact me with any questions.
Thanks, take care,