You are here
- Status update from Bart to Tracy
Status update from Bart to Tracy
Posted by Morgan White on September 22, 2015
Here is an update and overview from our conversation this morning.
1. We will start by auditing BIF on the week of October 5-9. Kari Cooperider is our contact. Everything is in place at this venue. Bin mapping has already been done. We will pick up most of the material from both dumpsters on a daily basis. You may not have to empty these all week but we will let you know if it is needed. We will also weigh all the recycling totes on site before you pick up that material, but not remove anything from the totes. Everything removed from the dumpsters will be taken to ISTC for sorting and then dropped off at the WTS the next morning.
2. The Illini Union will be audited the week of October 12-17. Dave Guth and David Parker are our contacts. They are working to have Area provide them with a roll off for that week. Bin mapping has been done. They are already looking to purchase new bins and change signage. We will capture 400 pounds of material and take it to ISTC for sorting. Afterward that material will be taken back to the Union. The compactor will only be used in the case overflow is needed. We will coordinate the collection of samples to prior to the Area pickups.
3. LAR will be audited the week of October 19-23. Contacts are Michael Wassom (BSW Supervisor) and Brenda Welch (Dining Supervisor) . For this week you will provide a 20 yard roll off and place it at the loading dock next to the compactor. The compactor will not be used during this week. For this week LAR will place everything in liners and place them in the 20 yard roll off. We will be pulling out 40 bags per day but there will most likely still need to be pickups depending on how much material is left over. We will call you when that is needed and to coordinate our samples being picked up prior. Bin mapping has already been done.
4. RAL is also scheduled for October 19-23. Our contacts are Wes Riggsby and Ron Eggett. For this audit they have agreed to use liners for that week. They are also going to try and direct any waste from the Chemical Life Sciences building to the dumpsters on the other side of their building. Because RAL has a deep dumpster, you have agreed to replace it with a 20 yard roll off. We will be picking up 40 bags per day and taking them to the ISTC for sorting. That material will be taken to the WTS the next morning. We believe that some pickups may be needed but we will call you if that is the case.
The materials will be collected and then sorted behind ISTC. To accommodate student workers, the timing of the sorts will be from 3pm -7pm each day. Surveys will also be done on each building.