You are here
- Week 1 Update
Week 1 Update
Posted by Austin Jung on January 29, 2019
Good evening everyone,
My name is Austin Jung and I am a senior in chemical engineering with a minor in the iSEE Fellows Program. I will be helping Morgan White and Sarthak Prasad with the 2015 iCAP objective #5.3 water audits for my SEE Fellow’s senior capstone. After the first successful meeting, the following will be addressed through the semester:
- Create a water audit program/process for an existing building that will be the basis for the campus wide water audit.
- Quantify and reduce the distribution and line losses for steam by measuring the steam/condensate loss. Then compare this to the national and peer averages.
- Develop a list of buildings that have and need to have their water fixtures upgraded.
- Find out a metric to measure the water consumption of our power plant and water cooling plants to develop a way to record this data for further analysis.
- Continue support to help F&S meet their water consumption goals.
These will be the main objectives focused on during the capstone and any changes will be stated in one of the following weekly updates. I am excited to do my part and begin my investigations.