You are here
- Week 8 Reporting, Review Period, Upcoming Webinars and Events
Week 8 Reporting, Review Period, Upcoming Webinars and Events
Posted by Kejsi Ago on March 25, 2022
From: CR2ZW <CR2ZW@nwf.org>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2022 11:28 AM
Subject: Week 8 Reporting, Review Period, Upcoming Webinars and Events
Hello Campus Race to Zero Waste 2022 Participants,
Congratulations for crossing the finish line for the 2022 Campus Race to Zero Waste competition! Please see below for details on reporting for the final week (week 8) of the competition, as well as the review period, March 27 through April 11.
FEATURED INFO IN THIS EMAIL: (more details bellow)
- Review Period, March 27 through April 11, 2022
- Share VIDEOS AND PHOTOS from your competitions, use #CR2ZW2022
- Week 8 ends tomorrow, Saturday, March 26, 2022
- April 5 Webinar: New PLASTICS REDUCTION PARTNER CERTIFICATION Program
- EcoCareers 2022 – April 6-7, Register Today
- Graduate Student Fellowship Opportunities ($6,000 Fellowship Stipend)
UPCOMING DEADLINES, AND OTHER KEY INFORMATION AND RESOURCES:
- The Review Period for all competition participants begins Sunday, March 27 through Monday, April 11 (end of day). Please take this two-week period to review your ReTRAC data, update your placeholder data, and make any necessary changes. IF YOU NEED TO MAKE ANY CHANGES PLEASE EMAIL CR2ZW@NWF.ORG AND REQUEST THAT YOUR REPORTS BE RETURNED TO DRAFT. Once the review period closes, the CR2ZW team will being vetting the top-ranking campuses for each category. If your campus is among the top ranked for a category, please be ready to share your data documentation. Please reach out with any questions.
- Share VIDEOS AND PHOTOS from your competitions! Use hashtag #CR2ZW2022 when posting your photos and videos to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or TikTok.
- Week 8 reporting is due Wednesday, March 30. Check out the 2021-2022 calendar for upcoming deadlines. To report for Week 8, go to ReTRAC log-in at https://connect.re-trac.com/login and click on Week report. Be sure to click Complete and Save at the bottom of the report.
- Zero Waste M8ain Category Participants – There are separate reports in ReTRAC to complete if you are participating in the main, 8-week Zero Waste category (tracking trash, recycling, food organics and materials for reuse); This category doesn’t not have a real-time weekly ranking report due to the “materials for reuse reporting.”
- Step 1: Fill out “Zero Waste Building Description and Identification Survey” to share information about the three buildings that are participating.
- Step 2: There are weekly Zero Waste reports (similar to the weekly reports for Diversion, Per Capita Recycling and Food Organics) to be filled out each week.
- Step 3: The “Zero Waste Building Waste Audit/Waste Minimization Survey” should be completed by the end of the competition/review period. The waste audit has been waived for 2022, so please do not complete that section of the survey. Please complete the “Waste Minimization Activities” section only.
Note: The guidance above is for the main, 8-week Zero Waste category only. The Race to Zero Waste
– One Building Challenge is a special category, requiring one-month tracking; reporting due by end
of the competition/review period.
- April 5 Webinar – Learn about New Plastics Reduction Partner Certification Program – The National Wildlife Federation and the Campus Race to Zero Waste are excited to announce the launch of a new certification program for colleges and universities taking action to reduce the purchase and use of plastics on campus. There are three levels of certification available: Bronze, Silver and Green. Campuses will be asked to report on actions in the following categories: Building Awareness, Support Behavior Change, Assess and Implement Operational Change and Demonstrate Institutional Leadership. This is a FREE program to participate in. Participation in this program is eligible for AASHE STARS innovation credit. Learn more at Plastics Reduction Partner. National Wildlife Federation is a proud member of the #BreakFreeFromPlastic Movement. Register for April 5 Webinar to learn more about this new program.
- EcoCareers 2022, April 6-7 - The 2022 EcoCareers Conference will feature keynotes and panels about academic pathways and careers in health and wellness, environmental justice, urban planning, environmental education, and more. On top of that, NWF will have interactive project and career planning workshops for students of all levels on both days of the conference. Please join us for this two-day online event on April 6th and 7th, 2022 to hear from leading sustainability sector experts! These professionals will be sharing their insights, advice, and inspirational stories and represent industry and business leaders, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and successful entrepreneurs. Register for the 2022 EcoCareers Conference as an individual student, faculty or staff. Registration is FREE for members of the NWF EcoLeaders Online Community (joining EcoLeaders is also FREE).
- Graduate Student Fellowship Opportunities ($6,000 Stipend): PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR CAMPUS NETWORK - National Wildlife Federation Graduate Student Fellows help to inform and strengthen NWF Education and Engagement programs through dedicated research projects. Monetary fellowship grants are awarded to graduate students working with NWF staff on research that helps to expand the content and development of a variety of efforts across NWF's Education and Engagement programs. Fellows join a national network of current and alumni fellows, many of whom have gone on to lead new businesses, agencies, and programs for sustainability all across the U.S. NWF is currently accepting applications for the six graduate student Fellowship Positions. Learn more and share this opportunity with your network. Applications are due April 22, 2022.
Please contact me with any questions.
Thanks, take care,
Director, Higher Education Programs
Campus Race to Zero Waste Manager, www.CampusRacetoZeroWaste.org
National Wildlife Federation
Uniting all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in a rapidly changing world