You are here
- Weekly Update for Zero Waste
Weekly Update for Zero Waste
Posted by Marya Ryan on August 19, 2018
Hi Pete and Shawn—
Last week’s zero waste activities were
- Staffing a table at iSEE for the Housing Paraprofessionals Amazing Resource Race. Nine of the 18 teams stopped by to receive information about zero waste efforts on campus. Each team received a blue desk side recycling bin with recycling information fliers. iSEE placed flyers about academic and additional “green” programs in the bins.
- Sharing photos of our WTS conveyor belt system with interested parties on the CURC list serv. A participant from University of Massachusetts-Amherst sent out a call for photos and information about conveyor belt systems, since they are considering using one. The list does not allow participants to attachments through the list, so I replied that I had photos and sent them to him. Participants from USC, UCLA, City College of San Francisco, and Oklahoma State contacted me individually for the photos.
- Sent the map showing our new glove trailer location to contacts at departments that participate in the glove recycling program.
- Recontacted Jordan Powers at Fisher Scientific to try to get the name of the current RightCycle contact person at Kimberly Clark.
- Reviewed a revised battery recycling program proposal from the Campus Committee on Recycling Batteries, a group of interested faculty members and others, whose efforts Robert McKim has been coordinating.
Zero Waste Coordinator