Dear Energy Generation, Purchasing, and Distribution SWATeam,
The iCAP Working Group met today, and would like to thank you for your report!
In the hopes that it will provide some assistance as you formulate your recommendations for the revised iCAP, to be presented at the iCAP Forum on October 22nd, we wanted to provide you with some additional files:
1) A "template" for the iCAP sections that we ask that you use. This was written using Transportation as an example, but it should be easily adaptable.
2) A "resources" document that summarizes the 2010 iCAP strategies, excerpts from a document that was put together back in FY13 summarizing progress at that time, a set of links to relevant pages on the iCAP Portal, and a list of the questions in the STARS report that are relevant to your team. The STARS report is how our campus gets "graded" on our sustainability performance, so these questions may inspire ideas for things the campus should be doing.
3) A table of emissions in your area as determined by the Clean Air Cool Planet calculator, which represents our officially reported emissions. You can fill this in with your proposed goals, and include it in the template.
4) A summary of all of our emissions in different categories, for context.
5) The Clean Air Cool Planet calculator itself, updated for FY2014, in case you wish to dive into how the calculations are performed.
We hope this information will be helpful to your team. If there is anything we can do to help you with your important work in the coming month, please just ask!
Professor Benjamin J. McCall
Associate Director for Campus Sustainability
Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign