Spring 2018 Semesterly Report Submitted to the Student Sustainability Committee (SSC) for the rooftop solar project.
You are here
BIF Rooftop Solar PVs (Completed)
Solar Energy on Campus
- ECE Rooftop Solar PVs
- Install Solar PVs on NCPD
- Solar Farm 1.0
- Rooftop Solar Potential
- BIF Rooftop Solar PVs
- Ground Mounted Solar PVs BRC Research Test Bed
- E37 Parking Lot Solar Lighting
- KCPA Rooftop Solar Feasibility Study
- Solar Farm 2.0
- Solar PVs at Idea Garden
- Solar PVs on Fruit Farm Admin Building
- Solar Panels on Everitt Lab
- Speech and Hearing Rooftop Solar PVs
- Uni High Gym Rooftop Solar PVs
- Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs
- SSC Solar Feasibility Study
- Solar Thermal at ARC
The Business Instructional Facility was the first production rooftop solar PV array installed on a campus building. There are 168 panels with 190 Watts per panel, for a total system size of 32kW. The college has a website that shows the solar output of this system by day, and another site that shows the annual output.
See also, the individual arrays.
For additional information about this building, see the Business Instructional Facility (BIF) LEED Project for details: https://icap.sustainability.illinois.edu/project/bif-leed-platinum.