You are here
- Geothermal Illinois - 7/29 Webinar
Geothermal Illinois - 7/29 Webinar
Posted by Meredith Moore on July 30, 2021
Thank you to those who participated in the Geothermal Illinois webinar on 7/29! Many thanks to our presenters, Dr. Tugce Baser, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign; John Freitag, Executive Director, Geothermal Alliance of Illinois; and Dr. Yu-Feng Forrest Lin, Director of Illinois Water Resources Center; Principal Research Hydrogeologist, Prairie Research Institute.
As promised, slides are available for download here, and a recording can be found here.
Other helpful links shared during the program:
- Illinois Geothermal Coalition: https://geothermal.illinois.edu
- Andrew Stumpf (Geothermal Coalition and ISGS): email@example.com
- John Freitag’s presentation for the Geothermal Urbana-Champaign program can be found at https://www.growsolar.org/geothermal-urbana-champaign/
- The Home Energy Efficiency Team (HEET) group is working with utilities in Massachusetts to build a GeoMicroDistrict https://heet.org/2021/05/25/national-grid-proposes-networked-geothermal/ . They gave a presentation recently on the project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPy2Dennq4Q
Please join us on August 10 and August 12 for geothermal webinars that will give us a closer look at campus projects and community models.
For more information, please contact:
Nancy Esarey Ouedraogo
Extension State Specialist, Community and Economic Development
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS EXTENSION
905 S Goodwin Ave
557 Bevier Hall MC 184
Urbana, IL 61801