You are here
- Geothermal Illinois Series: Community Models
Geothermal Illinois Series: Community Models
Posted by Avery Maris Maloto on August 12, 2021
On August 12, 2021, the Illinois Geothermal Coalition hosted it's third webinar in the Geothermal Illinois Series.
The program, Geothermal Illinois: Community Models, discussed (1) decarbonization of the energy sector with a focus on the challenge of decarbonizing commercial and residential heating, (2) geothermal energy at the Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District’s Administration Facility and converting a public sector commercial building to geothermal energy, and (3) the process of designing and implementing the community-based education and group purchasing program Geothermal Urbana Champaign.
These topics were covered by the following presenters:
- Scott R. Tess, Sustainability & Resilience Officer for the City of Urbana, IL
- Peter Murphy, Solar Program Director, Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA)
- Jane Sullivan, Grants & Governmental Affairs Director, Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District (MTD)
See the recording of the webinar and slide decks:
- Recording: https://youtu.be/iInNiSHZEXM
- Slide Decks: https://uofi.box.com/s/jpb2iz9nlzl2mbwq4neee1g1fppqndyy
Additionally, the complete materials from all 3 Geothermal Illinois sessions are available for viewing: