In Fall of 2013, the follow classes were offered at the Campus Bicycle Shop.
All classes are open to students, staff, faculty and the general public. Unless otherwise noted, classes are at 7pm on the date indicated, at the Campus Bicycle Shop, 608 E. Pennsylvania Avenue, Champaign.
Bicycles, parts, and tools will be provided for the duration of each class, and no previous experience is needed.
Tires, Tubes, and Rim Strips
- October 9, 2013, 7pm $10.
- Repairing a flat tire can range from an easy 5 minute job to an hour of hard labor. In this class we will go over each part of what makes up a rolling tire, and how to fix it.
- October 16, 2013, 7pm $20.
- This will be a 2-hour class on shifters and derailleurs. We will cover the types of shifters, the derailleurs they actuate, and how to adjust them.
Choosing the Right Bike
- Friday, October 25, 2013, 10-11am, ARC Multi-purpose Room 7. FREE.
- As part of Sustainability Week 2013, the Campus Bicycle Shop is offering a free class on choosing the right bike. This class will cover bike styles, sizing, the difference tire sizes make, and will touch on how frame geometry affects ride quality. The class will help new and existing cyclists understand what bike to purchase, how to go about selecting the right bike, and when to ask for help. **NOTE DATE & LOCATION HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR THIS CLASS.
- October 30, 2013, 7pm $10.
- In this class we will cover basic brake maintenance and how to adjust commonly used brakes.
Winterize your Bike
- November 13, 2013, 7pm $10.
- This class will show students how to prepare their bike for winter, both for safe riding in winter weather and how to protect your bike from the elements while it's stored outside.
Put a Bow on it
- December 11, 2013, 7pm $10.
- This class will cover the ins-and-outs of packaging a bike for shipment by postal carrier.