You are here
Billion Dollar Green Challenge (Ongoing)
Recent Project Updates
Make Climate Commitments
- Allerton Climate Action Plan (apCAP)
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge
- Building a Lasting University Environment (BLUE)
- Carbon Commitment
- Climate Leadership Commitments
- Illinois Campus Sustainability Compact
- Include iCAP in Strategic Plan
- President's Strategic Framework
- Resilience Commitment
- State Waste Reduction Plan
The Billion Dollar Green Challenge (The Challenge) encourages colleges, universities, and other nonprofit institutions to invest a combined total of one billion dollars in self-managed revolving funds that finance energy efficiency improvements. Participating institutions achieve reductions in operating expenses and greenhouse gas emissions, while creating regenerating funds for future projects. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign joined The Challenge in summer 2015.
No description has been provided yet.