You are here
Combined Heat and Power (CHP) grant (Cancelled)
Recent Project Updates
No project updates found
- ARRA Large Customer
- EEPs – Energy Efficiency Grants
- F-SCRAP Grant
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) grant
- DCEO New Construction Grants
- Steam Traps/Boilers/Pipe Insulation
In June 2014, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) established their "Public Sector Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Pilot Program" that provides cash incentives, up to $2 million, for individual CHP projects in Illinois public sector facilities.
Highlights of the DCEO "Public Sector CHP Pilot Program" include:
- Maximum Incentive: Cash incentives capped at $2M or 50% of project cost for a single CHP system (whichever is less)
- Incentive Structure: Performance based incentives structured to provide financial assistance during various stages of a project (including after the design phase, commissioning, and after 12 months of measured operational performance)
- Eligible Facilities: Available for CHP projects that increase energy efficiency of local governments, municipal corporations, public school districts, community college districts, public universities, and state/federal facilities
- Efficiency Requirements: 60% minimum annual energy efficiency required (with at least 20% of the system's waste heat energy output in the form of useful thermal energy)...
- Application Deadline: Final applications requiring an engineering feasibility analysis are due November 21, 2014
- One Page Fact Sheet: View Fact Sheet
Full Program Guidelines: View Guideline
No description has been provided yet.