F&S submitted an application for the 2016 Illinois Governor's Sustainability Award, on behalf of the Renewable Energy Program on campus and the Solar Farm. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is proud of its sustainability initiati
You are here
Illinois Governor's Sustainability Award (Completed)
Apply for Recognition
- EPA Green Power Partner
- Green Restaurant Certification
- Illinois Governor's Sustainability Award
- Illinois Green Office Challenge Leaderboard
- Second Nature Climate Leadership Award
- Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS)
- The Princeton Review Green Honor Roll
- Bicycle Friendly University Status
Since 1987, the Illinois Sustainable Technology Center (ISTC) has presented Governor's awards to organizations in Illinois that have demonstrated a commitment to environmental excellence through outstanding and innovative sustainability practices.
Sustainable technology encompasses any technique or technology that reduces the amount of and/or toxicity of pollutants that would have otherwise been released into the environment. Sustainability includes processes such as raw material and solvent substitution, preventive maintenance programs, beneficial reuse of by-products, waste reduction and recycling, and implementation of programs that support pollution prevention (e.g. ISO 14001).
No description has been provided yet.