The Sustainability Sub-Council met on Thursday, November 17 and discussed the following agenda.
You are here
Include iCAP in Strategic Plan (Proposed)
Recent Project Updates
Make Climate Commitments
- Allerton Climate Action Plan (apCAP)
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge
- Building a Lasting University Environment (BLUE)
- Carbon Commitment
- Climate Leadership Commitments
- Illinois Campus Sustainability Compact
- Include iCAP in Strategic Plan
- President's Strategic Framework
- Resilience Commitment
- State Waste Reduction Plan
According to the current Strategic Plan, “Appropriate, sufficient, and sustainable resources are imperative to our success.” While sustainability is included in the plan, incorporating the iCAP explicitly in the next campus Strategic Plan is a significant step in recognizing our sustainability goals and projects as a campus priority. This would affirm our commitment to reducing our environmental footprint and achieving carbon neutrality in addition to establishing a more visible culture of sustaiability. Sustainable activities, programs, and planning are necessary components of our campus vision. We aim to be proactive in our efforts and continue to be an exemplary model in set-ting and achieving ambitious goals.
No description has been provided yet.