You are here
- Campus Landscape Master Plan (CLMP) Public Forum meeting recording
Campus Landscape Master Plan (CLMP) Public Forum meeting recording
Campus Landscape Master Plan – Public Forum on April 27
By developing the Campus Landscape Master Plan (CLMP), Facilities & Services strives to provide detailed objectives for fostering a sustainable outdoor environment that protects historic university landscapes, strengthens Illinois natural plantings and habitats, and honors our shared cultural heritage.
We request your input at an upcoming online CLMP public forum. Receiving engagement from various stakeholders is essential to the plan's formation. Students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members are all encouraged to attend and participate in the discussion. You must sign up in advance to receive the login information.
Campus Landscape Master Plan – Public Forum
Wednesday, April 27
During this forum, the project team will present conceptual design ideas and gather additional feedback to align the CLMP with strategic objectives in the university's Campus Master Plan and Illinois Climate Action Plan (iCAP). The goal of the CLMP is to provide greater specificity for the future actions that will shape landscape aesthetics, functionality, legacy, and best management practices by:
- Contributing to carbon neutrality efforts
- Developing more living learning laboratory experiences
- Creating outdoor gathering areas
- Enhancing passive recreation
- Managing stormwater and green infrastructure
- Supporting pollinators
- Expanding community health and wellness resources
- Building greater resilience to climate change
Your insight and help are critical to caring for our campus landscape in the years ahead and ensuring future generations will get to experience, enjoy, and benefit from the physical beauty of the university.