You are here
- 4/23 Zero Waste SWATeam Meeting
4/23 Zero Waste SWATeam Meeting
Posted by Julija Sakutyte on April 23, 2021
Attached are the minutes to the Zero Waste SWATeam meeting which took place on April 23, 2021. The meeting agenda was as follows:
- Elimination of thermal paper receipts.
- Education on Waste Management.
- Reduction of water bottle purchases in vending machines.
Potential initiatives which resulted from this conversation:
- Pursue sustainable receipt options to divert receipts from University waste stream.
- RA Training on waste management, with intent to educate students in university housing about sustainability.
- Creating a sustainability training video for buyers through the Purchasing office.
- Recommendation to create F&S standard to modify water fountain installations.
- Recommendation to do a behavioral assessment on water bottle purchasers.
- Recommendation to launch an education campaign for campus members on tap water quality.