You are here
- Archive - Description and Background of the Bicycle Registration project
Archive - Description and Background of the Bicycle Registration project
Posted by Sarthak Prasad on August 3, 2020
Bicycle registration is primarily a method to assist with returning stolen or lost bikes when they are recovered by Public Safety or Facilities & Services. Bicycle registration is offered for free to faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois, and can conveniently be completed online at http://go.illinois.edu/mybike.
In September 2013, the University will be adopting new stickers for bicycle registration, and all registered bike owners will be contacted with instructions on how to receive their new sticker.
To register your bicycle, visit http://go.illinois.edu/mybike
The benefits of registering your bicycle include:
- It deters theft
- It helps the UIPD reconnect bicycle owners with their lost or stolen bikes
- You can be contacted if your bicycle is impounded or mistaken for abandoned
- It helps the University to better plan for bicycles and bicycle infrastructure
- It allows the University to communicate with bicyclists for important bicycle-related announcements