You are here
- iSEE Awards Levenick Teaching Sustainability Fellowships
iSEE Awards Levenick Teaching Sustainability Fellowships
Posted by Chantelle Hicks on March 3, 2020
iSEE is pleased to announce that eight instructors have been named 2020-21 Levenick iSEE Teaching Sustainability Fellows.
Funded by a generous endowment from Illinois Alumnus Stuart L. Levenick and his wife Nancy J. Levenick, this second cohort of faculty and teachers from across the University of Illinois campus (and one from University Laboratory High School) will incorporate sustainability into existing classes or create entirely new courses built around sustainability elements.
Associate Director for Education & Outreach Gillen D’Arcy Wood said applications nearly doubled for the Levenick iSEE Teaching Sustainability program this year, a positive sign of a growing program — and growing interest in adding sustainability thinking in all academic units.
The 2020-21 cohort and the courses they will undertake:
- Alison Anders, Associate Professor of Geography, “GIS for Geology and Environmental Science”;
- Kim Curtis, Adjunct Lecturer in Theatre, “Theater Design and Production”;
- Sean Kennedy, Assistant Professor of Urban + Regional Planning, “Food and the City”;
- Eleftheria Kontou, Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, “Urban Transportation Models”;
- Daniel Schneider, Professor of Urban + Regional Planning, “FAA 230: Sustainable Design of the Built Environment”;
- Andrew Stillwell, Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, “ECE 330: Green Electric Energy”;
- Chiara Vincenzi, Adjunct Instructor in Art + Design, ” ARTS 321: Sustainable Fashion Development & Branding”; and
- Andrew Wilson, Teaching Associate in Social Studies at Uni High, “World History”.
Read more about the Fellows and their projects >>>
The Levenick iSEE Teaching Sustainability Fellowship program consists of four elements to help the 2020-21 Fellows best incorporate sustainability into their courses:
- a retreat for developing lesson plans, held in Spring 2020 and available via teleconference for interested instructors from other U of I campuses;
- summer feedback from iSEE and sustainability subject matter experts;
- a fall progress check-in; and
- a Spring 2021 debriefing, at which time the cohort will meet the newly named 2021-22 Fellows.