This proposal seeks funding to establish the Sustainable Studies in the Humanities Initiative. This initiative is also being underwritten by the College of LAS and the School of Earth Systems, Society and the Environment, with the primary objectives of creating new courses offered in the humanities related to sustainability and contemporary environmental issues. The Committee feels that the humanities, in particular, are an area underserved by formal coursework options related to sustainability, and is thus supportive of this initiative. The funds provided by the Committee will allow for the creation of three additional courses (beyond the four otherwise possible through this initiative), as well as allow for the creation of a unifying web presence for the initiative. The Student Sustainability Committee is in favor of funding a grant in the amount of $8,500.
- Sustainability committee award letter - Sustainability Studies in the Humanities Initiative.pdf
- Sustainability Studies Initiative in the Humanities.pdf
- Response - Sustainability Studies in the Humanities Initiative.docx
- SSC Final Allocation Approval - Sustainability Studies in the Humanities Initiative.docx
- SSC Final Allocation Approval - Sustainability Studies in the Humanities Initiative.pdf
- SSIH Proposal 2011.pdf