You are here
C-U Sharing the Road Video (Completed)
No project updates found
Bicycle Safety Materials
- Bicycle Safety Posters by CCB
- C-U Area Bicycle Map
- C-U Sharing the Road Video
- Motorist Education about Bicycles
The cities of Urbana and Champaign worked together to produce a bicycle education video to introduce the public to the bicycle infrastructure that is being installed around both cities and to teach motorists and bicyclists how to interact with each other on the road.
This 14 minute video, entitled C-U Sharing the Road was filmed on local C-U streets and features many local C-U bicyclists. The video was filmed, edited, and produced by Urbana Public Television.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Rules of the Road – ride with traffic, stop at stop signs, be predictable
- Bicycling Infrastructure – bike lanes, shared lane markings
- Bike / Bus Interaction – pass bus on left, pass with at least 3 feet
- Sidewalk / Shared-use-path Riding – no bikes on downtown sidewalks
In addition to the cities of Urbana and Champaign, C-U Sharing the Road was sponsored by the C-U Safe Routes to Schools Project, Champaign County Bikes, Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
No description has been provided yet.