The attached file includes original notes about the solar thermal installation at ARC.
You are here
Solar Thermal at ARC (Completed)
For the Spring 2014 semester, I am enrolled in NRES 285 – a field course entitled Performance Metrics and Assessment Techniques for Sustainability Projects.
Solar Energy on Campus
- ECE Rooftop Solar PVs
- Install Solar PVs on NCPD
- Solar Farm 1.0
- Rooftop Solar Potential
- BIF Rooftop Solar PVs
- Ground Mounted Solar PVs BRC Research Test Bed
- E37 Parking Lot Solar Lighting
- KCPA Rooftop Solar Feasibility Study
- Solar Farm 2.0
- Solar PVs at Idea Garden
- Solar PVs on Fruit Farm Admin Building
- Solar Panels on Everitt Lab
- Speech and Hearing Rooftop Solar PVs
- Uni High Gym Rooftop Solar PVs
- Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs
- SSC Solar Feasibility Study
- Solar Thermal at ARC
The 24-panel, gravity fed solar-thermal system on the roof of the ARC preheats domestic cold water prior to its introduction into the steam-powered heat exchanger for domestic hot water, which significantly reduces steam usage for domestic hot water during normal operating periods. There are three main areas of hot water usage (domestic, pool, and air heating), but domestic (i.e. showers and sinks) represents the most pressing need and efficient use of solar technology.