You are here
Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS) (Ongoing)
Apply for Recognition
- EPA Green Power Partner
- EPA RainWorks Challenge
- Illinois Governor's Sustainability Award
- Illinois Green Office Challenge Leaderboard
- Second Nature Climate Leadership Award
- Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS)
- The Princeton Review Green Honor Roll
- Bicycle Friendly University Status
The Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS) is a transparent, selfreporting tool for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability progress. STARS® was developed by AASHE with broad participation from the higher education community. The system includes environmental, economic, and social indicators, which are divided into four categories related to campus activities: Education & Research, Operations, Planning, Administration & Engagement, and Innovation. All of the requirements for evaluating and scoring institutions are transparent and made publicly available. Points are earned in each category and lead to a STARS Rating Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum.
Illinois registered for STARS in June of 2012. Data Collection is in progress with final submission due in June of 2013.