You are here
- Trans007 Campus fleet analysis and Planning recommendation - Submittal
Trans007 Campus fleet analysis and Planning recommendation - Submittal
Posted by Sarthak Prasad on February 1, 2016
The Transportation SWATeam submitted a recommendation to the iWG stating,
"Campus fleet analysis and planning. The campus fleet includes department-owned vehicles, the car and truck pool vehicles, and the heavy equipment pool (mainly diesel-fueled large construction equipment). It is proposed that a feasibility study be performed on campus that:
1. Reviews the campus sustainability goals in the context of the University fleet;
2. Analyzes existing fleet data (i.e., fleet composition, ownership, usage/mileage profile) and future demand;
3. Evaluates current vehicle technology, fleet size, fuel types and availability;
4. Proposes collection of additional data (if needed);
5. Identifies various plans and anticipated cost/benefit results. Some of the options include: converting regular fuels to compressed natural gas, electricity, or biodiesel, increasing the portion of low-emission hybrid vehicles."
See attached the SWATeam recommendation, Trans007 Campus Fleet Analysis and Planning, complete with comments from all the Transportation SWATeam members.
- Develop Scenarios for Converting the UI Fleet to Renewable Fuels (View project updates for Develop Scenarios for Converting the UI Fleet to Renewable Fuels)
- Transportation SWATeam (View project updates for Transportation SWATeam)
- Transportation SWATeam Recommendations Summary (View project updates for Transportation SWATeam Recommendations Summary)