You are here
- Trans007 Campus fleet analysis and Planning recommendation - Submittal
Trans007 Campus fleet analysis and Planning recommendation - Submittal
Posted by Sarthak Prasad on February 1, 2016
The Transportation SWATeam submitted a recommendation to the iWG stating,
"Campus fleet analysis and planning. The campus fleet includes department-owned vehicles, the car and truck pool vehicles, and the heavy equipment pool (mainly diesel-fueled large construction equipment). It is proposed that a feasibility study be performed on campus that:
1. Reviews the campus sustainability goals in the context of the University fleet;
2. Analyzes existing fleet data (i.e., fleet composition, ownership, usage/mileage profile) and future demand;
3. Evaluates current vehicle technology, fleet size, fuel types and availability;
4. Proposes collection of additional data (if needed);
5. Identifies various plans and anticipated cost/benefit results. Some of the options include: converting regular fuels to compressed natural gas, electricity, or biodiesel, increasing the portion of low-emission hybrid vehicles."
See attached the SWATeam recommendation, Trans007 Campus Fleet Analysis and Planning, complete with comments from all the Transportation SWATeam members.
See the supplanted SWATeam recommendation Trans004 Fleet Study here.
- Develop Scenarios for Converting the UI Fleet to Renewable Fuels (View project updates for Develop Scenarios for Converting the UI Fleet to Renewable Fuels)
- Transportation iCAP Team (View project updates for Transportation iCAP Team)
- Transportation iCAP Team Recommendations Summary (View project updates for Transportation iCAP Team Recommendations Summary)