You are here
ECIP Championship Challenge (In Progress)
Facilities and Services has started an initiative that helps increase awareness of the program ECIP and the iCAP commitment to reduce energy consumption of buildings and create a more sustainable campus. Through the new ECIP Championship Challenge leaders in buildings can:
- Sign up to be a part of the ECIP Championship Challenge and get guidance and encouragement from campus sustainability leaders to reduce consumption
- Get connected with a student sustainability representative in the building to engage the student body
- In Lincoln Hall, because students/faculty left the windows open when they left the classrooms, the inefficient heating system had to be constantly on, which resulted in a high usage of thermal units and utility cost. Leaders of the building launched an initiative to inform residents on the consequences of leaving the windows open.
- create building’s *energy report-card for each semester to show how effective/ineffective their measures have been and where to allocate funds to reduce cost and consumption
- publicize positive achievements to the student group and to the rest of the building to encourage active participation to achieve iCAP goals.
- Get access to the online ECIP pledge system, where students, faculty, and staff can pledge to be an active sustainability advocate on behalf of your building
- Receive recognition for their representatives’ efforts at the Campus Sustainability Celebration each October
- hand out plaques to the college with the most ECIP signees, building with the most reduction in energy/water, most participation, etc. as well as certifications for the student sustainability representatives.
- Earn the ECIP Championship award and become part of the growing number of ECIP award winning buildings who have already made a substantial impact on energy and water consumption.