The trash pickup on 10/19/22 was a great success, with beautiful weather and a lot of fun, too! We had more than 70 people volunteer, a record turn out. We picked up enough trash to fill an entire dumpster.
You are here
Facilitate campus-wide sustainability events (Ongoing)
Recent Project Updates
Build a Culture of Sustainability
- Certified Greener Campus Programs
- Facilitate campus-wide sustainability events
- Green Sports Alliance (GSA)
- Guest Speakers for Sustainability Topics
- Major Annual Events
- Offer Tours of Sustainability Facilities
- Post Landfill Action Network (PLAN)
- Support Campus Green Teams
- Sustainability Art Displays
- Sustainability Competitions
- Sustainable Events Program
Illinois is proud to offer a wide variety of co-curricular programs for students to get involved in the sustainability field. There are numerous sustainability-related student organizations and hundreds of opportunities to get engaged both on and off campus. To share historical information and ideas toward meeting our sustainability goals, details about projects, events, and programs are being collected on the iCAP Portal.
The variety and breadth of existing sustainability programs can be overwhelming to someone new to campus and interested in getting involved. To address that, campus is working to coordinate and communicate the education and outreach opportunities through the Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment.
The core component of co-curricular education and sustainability outreach is strong and effective communication; therefore these objectives center around communication.
- Support and communicate about co-curricular student sustainability programs.
- Strengthen and communicate about sustainability outreach programs. Specifically, at least half of the full-time campus staff will be participating in the Certified Green Office Program by FY20.
- Organize and promote three major sustainability events on campus each year: Earth Week, Campus Sustainability Week, and the iSEE Congress.
No description has been provided yet.