On May 24, Sarthak Prasad met with Gabe Lewis to talk about EVs.
You are here
Increase use of EVs and other Alternative Service Vehicles (Ongoing)
Robert O'Daniell met with Morgan and me on Friday, May 13, 2022. We talked about the following topics:
Decrease Emissions from UI Fleet
- Increase use of EVs and other Alternative Service Vehicles
- Develop Scenarios for Converting the UI Fleet to Renewable Fuels
- Fleet Replacement Plans
- Provide Working Bikes for University Employees
- Support the Illinois Biodiesel Initiative
An alternative service vehicle (ASV) is any non-traditional vehicle, including mini trucks, electric vehicles, and hybrid vehicles. The University currently uses ASV's for:
- Mail Distribution
- Project Coordinators
- Parking Enforcement
- Generator Service
- Route assignments (plumbers)
Campus also uses Electric Vehicles in a few places on campus - to learn more visit the project called "Encourage Low-Emission Vehicles."
The University has a fleet of 227 passenger vehicles (carpool) and 275 service vehicles (truck pool), including alternative service vehicles. These vehicles provide transportation for crafts and trades in order to allow them to accomplish their mission.