You are here
- Conservation Budget Recommendation (ECONS003) - Assessment with comments
Conservation Budget Recommendation (ECONS003) - Assessment with comments
Posted by Sarthak Prasad on May 31, 2016
The iCAP Working Group (iWG) met on May 31, 2016, to discuss and start the assessment of the SWATeam recommendation ECONS003 Conservation Budget. They supported the Continued Funding for Energy Conservation (ECONS003 Conservation Budget) recommendation. The iWG's official comments for this recommendation was:
"Strategic investment in energy conservation, including recommissioning and preventive maintenance, offers the campus a unique opportunity to achieve long-term savings in utility costs while also advancing the objectives of the Illinois Climate Action Plan. In contrast, failure to invest in conservation, while it may appear to offer short-term financial savings, will only lead to higher future utility costs; this is analogous to “eating the seed corn.” Campus efforts have already led to $8M/year savings.
This SWATeam recommendation describes a number of key issues and needs that we recommend be addressed. Due to the major impact of this recommendation, theiCAP Working Group plans to transmit this to the Sustainability Council. However, due to the timely nature of budget discussions, we recommend that iSEE meet with the Provost to share this recommendation."
See attached the iWG assessment complete with official comments from all the iWG members.
- ECBS Recommendations Summary (View project updates for ECBS Recommendations Summary)
- iCAP Working Group (iWG) (View project updates for iCAP Working Group (iWG))
- Energy Conservation Efforts (View project updates for Energy Conservation Efforts)
- Retrocommissioning (RCx) (View project updates for Retrocommissioning (RCx))