You are here
- ECONS002 Illini Lights Out Recommendation - Submittal
ECONS002 Illini Lights Out Recommendation - Submittal
Posted by Sarthak Prasad on March 4, 2016
The ECBS SWATeam submitted a recommendation to the iWG stating, "The ECBS SWATeam recommends conducting a one hour pilot audit of lights left on in select buildings on campus as part of a campus engagement and conservation strategy. Pairs of students accompanied by campus security/other personnel (as necessary) are assigned buildings to audit on the main Quad to turn off non-essential lights in classrooms/bathrooms not in use. Volunteers will meet at a designated location to sign in, review safety protocols and receive their tally sheets and floor plans. Students will use these sheets to indicate any empty rooms where they turned off lights. After the audit is complete, students will return all forms to designated staff and are then eligible for a prize/reward. The ECBS team intends to use the results of this pilot to recommend a more comprehensive year-round campaign called ‘Illini Lights Out’. Details of audit as follows:
- Buildings to be audited (8): Altgeld Hall, English Building, Lincoln Hall, Gregory Hall, Smith Memorial Hall,Foreign Languages Building, Davenport Hall, and Noyes Laboratory.
- Given the number of buildings, it is expected that 16 – 24 student volunteers are needed.
- Recommended date for pilot audit is Friday, April 15th from 6pm – 7pm.
- Designated meeting spot required. Table in the Illini Union recommended between 5:45pm – 7:30pm."
See attached the SWATeam recommendation ECONS002 Illini Lights Out complete with comments from all the ECBS SWATeam members.