You are here
- Fall 2020: iSEE Quarterly Update (iQ)
Fall 2020: iSEE Quarterly Update (iQ)
Posted by Avery Maris Maloto on November 6, 2020
The Fall 2020 iSEE Quarterly Update (iQ) was released with the following message from Madhu Khanna, the Interim Director of iSEE:
Attached, please find attached the Fall 2020 “iQ” – the quarterly update from the Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment (iSEE).
It has been two months since I became interim director of ISEE. It has been exciting to see ISEE bring in multimillion-dollar research grants, launch a new research initiative in regenerative agriculture, and help coalesce sustainable agriculture research on our campus during this period.
Our Certificate in Environmental Writing has engaged students in making insightful contributions to a new issue of Q Magazine. We have also expanded our opportunities for education and scholarly discourse with several online events, including those on nuclear energy and geothermal energy research.
We formally launched the new Illinois Climate Action Plan (iCAP 2020) on Oct 20, 2020. This ambitious plan is the result of the hard work of campus sustainability folks who worked hand-in-hand with Facilities & Services and incorporated the vision of hundreds of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community members into a plan for the next five years and beyond — all the way to carbon neutrality no later than 2050!
I am so grateful to Evan Delucia for his efforts over the first seven years as the first director of our Institute. He has left iSEE as a vibrant part of the Illinois community, and I am working with our outstanding ISEE staff to expand upon the work already begun — as evidenced in this six-page update.
Please take a quick look at those updates and more in “iQ.” For more regular news, please sign up for our E-newsletter at https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/5031776.
Wishing you a successful end to the fall semester,
- Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment (iSEE) (View project updates for Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment (iSEE))
- iSEE funding for Campus as a Living Lab (CALL) (View project updates for iSEE funding for Campus as a Living Lab (CALL) )
- Certificate in Environmental Writing (CEW) (View project updates for Certificate in Environmental Writing (CEW))
- iCAP 2020: Illinois Climate Action Plan (View project updates for iCAP 2020: Illinois Climate Action Plan)
- Freezer Challenge (View project updates for Freezer Challenge)
- Solar Farm 2.0 (View project updates for Solar Farm 2.0)
- Sierra Club surveys (View project updates for Sierra Club surveys)
- Sustainability Best Practices Video (View project updates for Sustainability Best Practices Video)
- Certified Greener Campus Programs (View project updates for Certified Greener Campus Programs)