You are here
- PWR014/ECONS008 Sustainability Ethics Training - Submittal
PWR014/ECONS008 Sustainability Ethics Training - Submittal
Posted by Laura Schultz on May 1, 2019
The PWR and ECBS SWATeams jointly compiled the following recommendation:
"The PWR SWATeam, in conjunction with the ECBS SWATeam, kindly requests that iSEE work with the UI Ethics Office to prepare videos and/or information for sustainability training for UIUC students, staff, and faculty.
• In the case of university employees who do their mandatory annual ethics training, optional additional short videos at the end of the mandatory annual training is one possibility for increasing sustainability awareness.
• We suggest multiple avenues for exposing students to appropriate videos including showing them in Residence Halls, freshman orientation classes, e.g., LAS 101, ACES 101, etc., and sporting events would also reach a large student audience. These videos would be designed to be effective and revealing, e.g., showing a video of the daily waste generated on campus at the UIUC waste transfer station being one of many options to increase student awareness of the magnitude of the campus waste problem.
• The project would likely be achieved through the efforts of a graduate student, perhaps reporting to the Zero-Waste Coordinator and interacting with the PWR SWATeam.
See attached the SWATeam recommendation PWR014/ECONS008 Sustainability Ethics Training with comments from PWR SWATeam members.
An iCAP Working Group assessment of this recommendation began on July 2, 2019.
- Energy Conservation and Building Standards (ECBS) SWATeam (View project updates for Energy Conservation and Building Standards (ECBS) SWATeam)
- ECBS Recommendations Summary (View project updates for ECBS Recommendations Summary)
- Zero Waste SWATeam (View project updates for Zero Waste SWATeam)
- PWR Recommendations Summary (View project updates for PWR Recommendations Summary)