You are here
- Spring 2022 Semester Goals
Spring 2022 Semester Goals
Posted by Maria Maring on January 16, 2022
Co-presidents Owen Jennings, Maiah Caise, Jack Reicherts, and Maria Maring are excited to embark upon their second semester as SSLC leadership together. The primary goals of the semester include:
Bolster collaboration between environmental RSOs on UIUC campus. The SSLC hopes to work with Student Affairs to incentivize participation with the SSLC, using the University of California Berkely’s Student Environmental Resource Center (SERC) as a template. Weekly board meetings and monthly full meetings will continue per usual.
Bolster collaboration between other Illinois schools like University of Illinois Chicago, University of Illinois Springfield, and Illinois State University. Both SECS and ISG may play significant roles in this relationship-building. The SSLC has already been in contact with Illinois State.
Host Earth Month events. The SSLC already began communication with the Illini Union Green Team last semester to begin planning events like Green Quad Day and a movie night on the Quad. Organizations like SECS, Red Bison, and iSEE that have been historically active in Earth Month events will be essential in these processes.
Write SSLC bylaws. The Council has not previously had bylaws, and they are absolutely essential to moving forward in an organized and successful fashion.
Continue to monitor the fight for divestment from fossil fuels. This iCAP Objective has caused copious political strife between students and administrators. Because divestment continues to be a hot topic, the SSLC will continue to listen to student concerns.
- Student Sustainability Leadership Council (SSLC) (View project updates for Student Sustainability Leadership Council (SSLC))
- Students for Environmental ConcernS (SECS) (View project updates for Students for Environmental ConcernS (SECS))
- Earth Month (View project updates for Earth Month)
- iCAP 2020: Illinois Climate Action Plan (View project updates for iCAP 2020: Illinois Climate Action Plan)
- Fossil Fuels Divestment (View project updates for Fossil Fuels Divestment)
- Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment (iSEE) (View project updates for Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment (iSEE))