You are here
Green Roof on Bousfield Hall (Completed)
Recent Project Updates
No project updates found
Green Roofs on Campus
- Green Roof on KCPA
- Green Roof on Robert A. Evers Laboratory
- Green Roof on Art & Design Link Gallery
- Green Roof on Foreign Language Building
- Green Roof on Yeh Student Center NCEL addition
- Green Roof on Altgeld Hall
- Green Roof on Bousfield Hall
- Green Roof on Education Building
- Green Roof on Illinois Street Residence Hall
- Green Roof on Lincoln Hall
- Green Roof on Undergraduate Library
- Green Roof on iHotel
- Green Roof on the Business Instructional Facility (BIF)
The roofing material on Bousfield is designed to reduce solar heat absorption, keeping the environment cooler and using less energy for air conditioning. In addition to other materials used to accomplish this, small patches of green roof located on the north and southwest sides of the building were also added. The landscape, including these patches of green roof, is designed with native and drought-tolerant plants to reduce dependency on potable water, as well as reduce the amount of maintenance that needs to be done to support the green roof plants. The addition of green roof helped in Bousfields success in becoming a LEED Platinum building.
No description has been provided yet.
This map is interactive! Click (or touch) and drag to pan; scroll (or pinch) to zoom.