Sarthak Prasad and Daphne Hulse attended an in-person TEACH AD workshop at the Healthy Lifestyle Hub in Chicago to learn about the anaer
You are here
University of Illinois at Chicago (Ongoing)
Recent Project Updates
Participate in Regional Green Teams
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC)
- Big Ten & Friends Sustainability
- Champaign County Sustainability Network (CCNet)
- IGBA Transportation Technical Advisory Group
- Illinois Geothermal Coalition
- Illinois Green Government's Coordinating Council
- Sustainability Advisory Commission (SAC)
- Sustainability Practitioners at RPC
- USGBC IL Higher Education Sub-committee
- University of Illinois at Chicago
The University of Illinois is a multi-campus system. The Chicago campus (UIC) is a sister campus with a sustainability office of their own.
According to the mission on the UIC Office of Sustainability website, "The University of Illinois at Chicago, as part of the local and global community, strives to be a responsible steward of the environment. As such, UIC seeks to minimize its environmental impact both now and in the future, consistent with the financial and social viability of the institution and the relevance of its academic programs. Through its academics, research and operations UIC will create a campus environment in which sustainable practices and policies are visible and evident to all."
There are some items in the 2010 iCAP that are under the purview of the University system, rather than an individual campus. These items can be addressed in collaboration with the other campuses. It is also helpful to keep in contact with the UIC Office of Sustainability, as well as the sustainability contact at the Univeristy of Illinois at Springfield, to be able to share resources and ideas with our sister campuses.
No description has been provided yet.