Sarthak Prasad shared 2018 notes from conversations held with stakeholders at The Ohio State University, West Lafayette (Purdue University), Bevier Cafe (University of Illinois), US Army Corps -- Champaign, and Michigan State University -- East La
You are here
Big Ten & Friends Sustainability (Ongoing)
Recent Project Updates
Sarthak Prasad, Jen Fraterrigo, and Daphne Hulse intend to pursue conversations with campuses that have successfully installed anaerobic digesters.
Participate in Regional Green Teams
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC)
- Big Ten & Friends Sustainability
- Champaign County Sustainability Network (CCNet)
- IGBA Transportation Technical Advisory Group
- Illinois Geothermal Coalition
- Illinois Green Government's Coordinating Council
- Sustainability Advisory Commission (SAC)
- Sustainability Practitioners at RPC
- USGBC IL Higher Education Sub-committee
- University of Illinois at Chicago
Since 2009, operational, administrative, and sustainability staff and faculty from the Big Ten and several additional schools have been meeting on a semi-annual basis to discuss environmental stewardship and sustainability issues. This Big Ten and Friends Environmental Stewardship Group was an outgrowth of the Big Ten Financial Officers group, which had expressed an interest in long-term planning for environmental issues. The meetings have provided a space for status reports, peer guidance, resource sharing, and collaboration on topics ranging from sustainability tracking and reporting to sustainable purchasing. Now in its fifth year (June 1, 2015), the group now identifying as the Big Ten and Friends Sustainability Group (BTFS), is primed for new collaboration and collective impact.
No description has been provided yet.