In order to collaborate for sustainability improvements, it is helpful to have a shared baseline data set. the Sustainability Practitioners developed a list of potential shared metrics for our region, and the attached file shows the UIUC data fro
You are here
Sustainability Practitioners at RPC (Ongoing)
Recent Project Updates
In August, this group discussed the general topic of native plants and pollinator support.
Participate in Regional Green Teams
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC)
- Big Ten & Friends Sustainability
- Champaign County Sustainability Network (CCNet)
- IGBA Transportation Technical Advisory Group
- Illinois Geothermal Coalition
- Illinois Green Government's Coordinating Council
- Sustainability Advisory Commission (SAC)
- Sustainability Practitioners at RPC
- USGBC IL Higher Education Sub-committee
- University of Illinois at Chicago
Champaign County Sustainability Practitioners is an informal intergovernmental committee that facilitates coordination of local sustainability initiatives that span political boundaries. CCSP’s goal is to investigate sustainability for the region and build momentum for addressing complex sustainability issues such as land use and climate change.
The Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment meets regularly with the Champaign County Regional Planning Commission (CCRPC) sustainability contacts to discuss issues of mutual interest. Recent topics of discussion include greenhouse gas emissions calculations attributed to transportation and the local foods movement. This is an opportunity for both the University of Illinois and the Champaign County Regional Planning Commission to network and share practices with each other.
Past collaborations include proposals for financial assistance related to the development of sustainable cities.
No description has been provided yet.
Project Leader:Susan Monte, RPC
- Morgan Johnston
- Stephanie Lage
- Madhu Khanna
- Scott Tess, Urbana
- Kate Oldrey, RPC
- Dennis Donaldson, Savoy
- Nichole Millage, Champaign
- Bart Bartels
- Lacey Rains, Champaign
Proposed August 5, 2018