You are here
- ALUFS004 South Farm Management Plan - Successful
ALUFS004 South Farm Management Plan - Successful
Posted by Morgan White on June 2, 2021
The Sustainability Sub-Council discussed and approved this recommendation at the March 18, 2021 meeting. The meeting minutes are online at: https://icap.sustainability.illinois.edu/project-update/sustainability-s...
The key next steps are:
- Form “Sustainable Land Management Committee” with both ACES and non-ACES representation (e.g., iSEE, F&S, UI System, Ag Property Management, Engineering, etc.)
- Madhu will work with ACES to form this committee, which will focus on incorporating sustainable land management practices on South Farms, extension opportunities, and updating agronomy handbook and recommended set of practices
- South Farms will ultimately be an example of how to demonstrate sustainability practices and will connect with farmers who are willing and engaged with these practices
For future updates on this effort, visit Sustainable Land Management Committee.
- iCAP Working Group (iWG) (View project updates for iCAP Working Group (iWG))
- ALUFS Recommendations Summary (View project updates for ALUFS Recommendations Summary)
- Land and Water iCAP Team (View project updates for Land and Water iCAP Team)
- Agriculture, Land Use, Food, and Sequestration (ALUFS) SWATeam (View project updates for Agriculture, Land Use, Food, and Sequestration (ALUFS) SWATeam)
- Cover Crops on South Farms (View project updates for Cover Crops on South Farms)
- Sustainable Land Management Committee (View project updates for Sustainable Land Management Committee)