You are here
- Engagement005 DIA and Green Sports Alliance - Submitted
Engagement005 DIA and Green Sports Alliance - Submitted
Posted by Meredith Moore on December 8, 2022
The Engagement iCAP Team submitted the attached Engagement005 DIA and Green Sports Alliance recommendation to the iWG on 12/8/22. The recommendation states as follows:
The 2020 Illinois Climate Action Plan calls for the university to increase the visibility of campus sustainability efforts by joining the Green Sports Alliance through the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics by summer 2021. While the DIA has not formally joined the Green Sports Alliance, Facilities & Services became a member of the GSA in June 2021, and GSA presented at the October 2021 Illinois Green Infrastructure & Erosion Control Conference. Other Big Ten Institutions involved in the GSA are Indiana University, Michigan State University, Pennsylvania State University, The Ohio State University, The University of Iowa, The University of Michigan, and The University of Minnesota(Swanson 2022).
University of Illinois Athletics is a role model for college sports. Formally enrolling in the Green Sports Alliance will bridge the gap between organizations/colleges on campus, as well as leading sustainable efforts along with other Big 10 Schools.
- iCAP Working Group (iWG) (View project updates for iCAP Working Group (iWG))
- Engagement iCAP Team (View project updates for Engagement iCAP Team)
- Engagement iCAP Team Recommendations Summary (View project updates for Engagement iCAP Team Recommendations Summary)
- Green Sports Alliance (GSA) (View project updates for Green Sports Alliance (GSA))