You are here
- FY19 Green Power Partnership renewal submitted
FY19 Green Power Partnership renewal submitted
Posted by Morgan White on March 26, 2020
F&S completed the renewal of our recognition as a Green Power Partner through the US Environmental Protection Agency. Green Power Partners of our scale now have to use renewable power for seven percent of their annual consumption, an increase from the previous requirement of three percent. Fortunately, the FY19 green power supply for FY19 was 7.28%. See attached file.
Overview submitted: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is proud of its sustainability initiatives, as documented in the Illinois Climate Action Plan. The first project was a 32.76 kilowatt (kW) solar photovoltaic (PV) array on the Business Instructional Facility in 2009. The 14.7 kW PV array, ground mounted at the Building Research Council, is a research platform for the Information Trust Institute. The most significant on-campus renewable energy generation project to date went into operation in December 2015, with the completion of the 5.87 megawatt (MW) Solar Farm, producing approximately 7,200 MWh/year. In December 2015 another solar array was installed on the new Wassaja Residence Hall roof with a capacity of 33 kW. In September 2016, campus signed a ten-year Wind Power Purchase Agreement for 25 million kWh/year. Most recently, the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Building had 970 rooftop panels installed. Since production began in April 2019, 11% of all power supplied to the ECE Building has been from the rooftop panels, not including the panels that are used for student-oriented research. The University will soon be home to Solar Farm 2.0, which is projected to produce 20,000 MWh/year, nearly tripling on-site production.
- EPA Green Power Partner (View project updates for EPA Green Power Partner)
- Use Clean Power (View project updates for Use Clean Power)
- Solar Farm 1.0 (View project updates for Solar Farm 1.0)
- BIF Rooftop Solar PVs (View project updates for BIF Rooftop Solar PVs)
- Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs (View project updates for Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs)
- ECE Rooftop Solar PVs (View project updates for ECE Rooftop Solar PVs)
- Wind Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) (View project updates for Wind Power Purchase Agreement (PPA))
- Apply for Recognition (View project updates for Apply for Recognition)