F&S has renewed our campus' recoginition as a Green Power Partner for FY20 through the Environmental Protection Agency.
You are here
BIF Rooftop Solar PVs (Completed)
Additional rooftop solar was installed on the Business Instructional Facility (BIF) in summer 2019. The construction drawings called for 19 solar PV panels rated 200-360W, with microinverters, with a fixed tilt for each panel ranging from 21 to 4
Solar Energy on Campus
- ECE Rooftop Solar PVs
- Install Solar PVs on NCPD
- Solar Farm 1.0
- Rooftop Solar Potential
- BIF Rooftop Solar PVs
- Ground Mounted Solar PVs BRC Research Test Bed
- E37 Parking Lot Solar Lighting
- KCPA Rooftop Solar Feasibility Study
- Solar Farm 2.0
- Solar PVs at Idea Garden
- Solar PVs on Fruit Farm Admin Building
- Solar PVs on President's Garden Shed
- Solar Panels on Everitt Lab
- Speech and Hearing Rooftop Solar PVs
- Uni High Gym Rooftop Solar PVs
- Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs
- SSC Solar Feasibility Study
- Solar Thermal at ARC
The Business Instructional Facility was the first production rooftop solar PV array installed on a campus building. There are 168 panels with 190 Watts per panel, for a total system size of 32kW. The college has a website that shows the solar output of this system by day, and another site that shows the annual output.
See also, the individual arrays.
For additional information about this building, see the Business Instructional Facility (BIF) LEED Project for details: https://icap.sustainability.illinois.edu/project/bif-leed-platinum.
Solar Generation from Business Instructional Facility (Tracked by Fiscal Year)
- FY 2009:
Not a complete year of production
- FY 2020:
first year of newer solar array above fourth floor addition