F&S completed the renewal of our recognition as a Green Power Partner through the US Environmental Protection Agency. Green Power Partners of our scale now have to use renewable power for seven percent of their annual consumption.
You are here
BIF Rooftop Solar PVs (Completed)
Recent Project Updates
Solar Power on Campus
- ECE Rooftop Solar PVs
- Install Solar PVs on NCPD
- Solar Farm 1.0
- Rooftop Solar Potential
- BIF Rooftop Solar PVs
- Ground Mounted Solar PVs BRC Research Test Bed
- E37 Parking Lot Solar Lighting
- InSPIRE Solar Powered Outdoors Table (SPOT)
- KCPA Rooftop Solar Feasibility Study
- Solar Farm 2.0
- Solar PVs at Idea Garden
- Solar PVs on Fruit Farm Admin Building
- Solar PVs on I Hotel and Conference Center
- Solar PVs on President's Garden Shed
- Solar Panels on Everitt Lab
- Solar at Willard Airport
- Speech and Hearing Rooftop Solar PVs
- Uni High Gym Rooftop Solar PVs
- Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs
- SSC Solar Feasibility Study
The Business Instructional Facility was the first production rooftop solar PV array installed on a campus building. In 2009, 168 panels were installed above the auditorium, with 190 Watts per panel and a total system size of 32 kW. The installed panels were SANYO HIP-190/200BA3 PV Modules, with UniRac SolarMount PV Mounting Hardware, Xantrex PV20208 Inverters, and Xantrex CB-12H20-3R Combiner Boxes.
In 2019, additional solar panels were installed as part of a building expansion project. The additional panels have a capacity of 12.5 kW, making the total for the building 44.5 kW.
For additional information about this building, see the Business Instructional Facility (BIF) LEED Project: https://icap.sustainability.illinois.edu/project/bif-leed-platinum. Visit the Gies College of Business to see a virtual tour of BIF.
No description has been provided yet.
Solar Generation from Business Instructional Facility
- FY 2009:
Not a complete year of production
- FY 2020:
first year of newer solar array above fourth floor addition